CG0037MANChinese Translator / IT Assistant
£18K • Full time • Cheshire, United Kingdom
A software company is looking for a translator / IT assistant to be responsible for Chinese website and mobile app projects. This is a full-time job based in Cheshire.
This is a dual role and you will be responsible for translating key documents between simplified Chinese and English and assisting the project leader in the day-to-day operations of the project teams
Duties and Responsibilities
• Translating documents of various kinds to Simplified Chinese and English
• Putting together a marketing related reports (competitor analysis, consumer behaviour analysis, etc.)
• Evaluation and analysis of traffic to the sites
• Assisting in the development of mobile apps
• Liaising with Chinese clients to best serve all customers
• Acting as an interpreter during conference calls, meetings and other business related occasions
• The role may also include some travel between UK and China
• Native Mandarin speaker, fluent in English (IELTS 7.5 ' 8 or similar levels)
• A comprehensive understanding of the English language.
• A minimum of 1 year work experience in translation and interpretation is essential.
• A minimum of 18 months' work experience in IT is essential.
• A degree or certification in translation is desirable
• Relevant background or a general understanding in marketing is preferred but is not required.
• A strong team worker and communicator.
• Possess excellent time management skills and be able to meet deadlines.
This job was created on 23/08/2012.